October 6, 2011

A heck of a Cuban sandwich

A Matter of Taste is the small little sandwich shop arm of a larger catering company located just a few miles away from my office. The only thing I've ever eaten there is the Cuban sandwich. I wait for the tweets to tell me it's on their specials list, then I head on over to Franklin Road and order myself one.




Their joint is eco-friendly (they use an iPad for a cash register and email your receipt to you!) and inspirational. The walls of this small little shop are plastered with feel-good quotes and mantras. I always leave A Matter of Taste with a brighter outlook on my day.


iPad cash register


Inspirational quotes written in chalk on the sliding doors leading to the kitchen.
Up close of quotes.


The Cuban Sandwich is pulled pork, ham, bread & butter pickles, melted Swiss cheese, and yellow mustard on a baguette. Unfortunately, AMOT used so much mustard on my last sandwich that with every bite, I was practically bathing in it. Because I took the sandwich back to work with me, I ended up with mustard all over my keyboard and desk. And I went through at least 3 napkins. Super messy! But...still delicious. 
The sandwich is priced at $7.95 and that does not include chips and a drink, so it's a little on the pricey side. But, it's hearty enough that you don't even need chips. While there are definitely better lunch deals out there, this one is delicious, locally-made, and available on gluten-free bread if you need it. 


I could continue on about the Cuban sandwich, but Rick Bragg does it so much more justice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions for Supper