August 10, 2011

Eat Local Challenge Day 10

I haven't been doing a very good job of eating local lately. Actually, I haven't done a very good job of eating at all lately. I have been sick, which makes it hard to want to eat, much less want to think about what to eat that sources locally. But, since most of what is in my pantry and fridge is left over from last week's market runs, I'd say I did OK. Now I'm just worried that the things I haven't used up yet will go unused and will then be wasted. Ah, I guess there is no perfect answer...

Last week, I mentioned being frustrated by this whole experiment. A member of the Eat Local Challenge Facebook group (that creator Mary established as a virtual support group) reminded me that I need not try to change the world in a day. It's OK to step back and take it little by little. A lifestyle change does not happen overnight, and so I need to be at peace with myself if I mess up. I just need to pick up and try again tomorrow.

She said it best, "Do what you're capable of without losing the passion that motivated you in the first place." And already I feel better. 




Now, if only I can apply that train of thought to other aspects of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions for Supper