December 15, 2009

A cure for the Mondays

In my last post, I mentioned one of my favorite Nashville mainstays. Yesterday, I had the privilege of visiting two of my favorite spots in one day. Urban Flats for lunch and Lime for happy hour. A lot for a Monday, but I enjoyed the little bit of frivolity. 

I have to say, though, that though I love both of these establishments, I did not like them for lunch or happy hour. One hour (or in my case, about 37 minutes) is too short to enjoy the atmosphere of Urban Flats. Plus, their wine bar is a bragging point and compliments every flat but cannot be touched during a working lunch. I was able to enjoy about three bites of the spinach/goat cheese/pear/chicken salad before I had to leave, but the waitress was very accommodating of my needs; she brought my check early and with a smile too! It was the first time I'd ever eaten there without ordering a flat (think personal-sized pizza on thin pita bread-style crust). But the salad was yummy, if not a little pricey--$16 for a salad and water is a little steep (including gratuity for a big party). 

But what I spent at lunch I saved at Lime's Happy Hour. The only complaints I have about this is the short length of time the specials are served. Lime's happiest hours are from 4-6 daily. Cocktails are only $5 and guac with chips only $4.50. I had the honey margarita, which was recommended by the waiter as "the best drink on the Happy Hour menu." And I have to agree. At first I was hesitant, worried it would be too sweet. But the little bit of honey cut the acid in the lime juice and made for a wonderfully enjoyable cocktail. And the best part? It comes served on crushed "Sonic Ice" & no salt is needed on this drink! (Which works perfectly for the girl who always orders her margaritas on the rocks with no salt. Which even annoys the girl placing the order!) Sadly, I arrived at about 5:35, with only enough time to order one drink at the happy hour price. But the menu also offers pitchers of Lime's famous red or white sangria for $15, as well as several tapas for munching. And with free valet parking, what could be better?

Like I said, this was a lot for a Monday, so I'm taking a break until much later in the week. Buon appetito, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions for Supper