August 4, 2011

Eat Local Challenge Day 4

One of my favorite things to eat in the summer time is cucumber sandwiches, you know the ones descended from English tea time? Thinly sliced cucumbers stuck between 2 pieces of wheat bread with cream cheese?

Today I made my Eat Local Challenge version: yesterday's ballerina cucumbers with Cherry Berry Chevre on sliced baguettes from Provence.


Pretty good and refreshing and, consequently, inexpensive. The whole baguette was $1.99, the cucumber was $.33, and the goat cheese was the most expensive at $6/tub. Although because I also bought a tub of feta, I saved $2.

So far I'm less than impressed with what I threw together for supper, but I am using up my fresh, local ingredients so I am at least proud of myself for that.
Stay tuned for more menus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions for Supper