July 21, 2011

Landmark Soda Shop Remains a Landmark!

Earlier this week, I read a devastating story saying the Elliston Place Soda Shop was closing on Saturday. As in, the day after tomorrow. Having driven by this iconic Nashville location on multiple occasions but never stopping to visit, I was upset for two reasons. One, the sentimentalist in me was crushed that another piece of history was falling victim to the modern age and modern problems. Two, having lived here for 3 years now, I was mad at myself for never going. So I vowed I would visit this week.

Actually, I had plans to go for lunch today. (And I still might. It's only 11:30, afterall.) Then, I read a wonderful update, courtesy of another Nashville foodie, courtesy of The Tennessean. An agreement has been reached and the shop is not closing!!At least not for another 5 years.

This begs the obvious question, when am I going to go and who wants to join? I hear they have great milkshakes. And their sign touts air conditioning, which, in this heat wave, should be reason enough to visit anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions for Supper